Interested in doing TTC Maps? Please read this completely and thorougly!
Beware, the maps will NOT be published before the cup starts, so neither upload them to TMX/MX, nor send the maps to anyone (except us)! AFTER your TTC took place you may upload them to TMX/MX.
Please bear in mind that you can NOT take part in your own TTC edition.
For Tech, Dirt, FullSpeed, … editions: send one TTC sample map to TM Masters via private message on Facebook.
If we approve it, you can do four more maps.
For Mixed, United, … editions: send the full mappack to TM Masters via private message on Facebook.
- A TTC edition consists of 5 maps, only United TTC editions consist of 7 maps
- Map length: 35-45 seconds long
- Mood: Day
- Respawning must NOT lose more than 8 seconds
- Use the newest TTC-signpack – Remember: the signs are supposed to help to find the way but should not be neccessary, your maps should also be finishable without the signs
- Order your pack by the difficulty, i. e. the easiest map should be #1, while the hardest map becomes #5.
- Use the following style for the mapname (sample): TTC #xx – Dino #1 , TTC #xx – Dino #2 etc. If you did maps for a second time, add a ² or ³. Dino²/³. We will inform you about the edition number.
- Provide 3 screenshots private message one Facebook in high quality which show some parts of your mappack
- Use a normal start
- Use respawnable CPs
- Use MediaTracker for Loops and Walls
- No blind jumps/turns
- No wrong way CPs – unless it is necessary
- No much scenery – it causes lags and long loading times
- No confusing alternative routes
- No invisible blocks
- TMNF After you finished your maps, make sure to open them WITHOUT the TMUnlimiter and drive them all once in singleplayermode and check if EVERY checkpoint is respawnable
- TM2 Maps can be built on the ESL Competition Titlepack
TTC Sign Pack:
Here you can download the required sign pack for TTC maps. They work in TMNF and TM2. Signs are made by Hotrod.
Installation instructions FOR MAPPERS AND PARTICIPANTS
- Copy the downloaded zip to your TrackMania documents folder, which can be found here:
in TMNF: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\TrackMania
in TM2: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\ManiaPlanet
- Unzip the archive into that folder, all the signs should just fall into place. (Remember to do it in BOTH folders for both games!)
- When everything went right all signs and all *.loc files should be here:
Usage instructions for mappers
- Press the paint bucket ingame and you will find all signs
- Example: a Blue-Down arrow when searching in game will be called “tmm_blue_d”, and the TMM-logo will be called “ad11″
Please make sure to use the signs as intended. You can see the description above the signs below:
NO DRIFT LEFT
HARD DRIFT LEFT
DIRECTION NO LEFT
DIRECTION NO DOWN
DIRECTION LEFT DOWN
DIRECTION RIGHT DOWN
DO NOT ENTER
TM Masters Grunge Sign
Team HOT Map Sign
NO DRIFT RIGHT
HARD DRIFT RIGHT
DIRECTION NO RIGHT
DIRECTION NO UP
DIRECTION LEFT UP
DIRECTION RIGHT UP
TM Masters Map Sign
TM Masters TTC Sign