Interested in doing TTC Maps? Please read this completely and thorougly!
Beware, the maps will NOT be published before the cup starts, so neither upload them to MX nor send the maps to anyone (except us)! AFTER your TTC took place you may upload them to MX.
Please bear in mind that you can NOT take part in your own TTC edition.
Mappack submission: send the full mappack to TM Masters via private message on Facebook.
- A TTC mappack can consist of 3 to 5 maps – choose what fits your mapping style best.
- Map length: all maps combined should have a total length between 3 and 4 minutes – keep the lengths balanced.
- Mood: Sunrise, Day or Sunset.
- Order your pack by the difficulty, i. e. the easiest map should be #1, while the most challenging map becomes #5 – doesn’t mean #5 should be a hard map!
- Use the following style for the mapname (sample): TTC #xx – Dino #1 , TTC #xx – Dino #2 etc. If you did maps for a second time, add a ² or ³. Dino²/³. We will inform you about the edition number.
- You can provide 3 high quality screenshots with your map submission. If you don’t, our maptester will create some.
- Must Haves:
- Normal start if you build a non-multilap map.
- Respawnable CPs.
- Forced internal camera for loops and walls.
- The newest TTC-signpack – Remember: the signs are supposed to help to find the way but should not be necessary, your maps should also be finishable without the signs.
- Should Haves: *
- CPs heading the correct direction.
- Respawns, where you need 5 to 7 seconds to reach the next CP.
- Should Not Haves: *
- Excessive scenery.
- Alternative routes.
- Respawns, where you need more than 10 seconds to reach the next CP.
- Open exits on platforms.
- Invisible blocks.
- Must Not Haves:
- Blind sideways jumps.
- Blind turns.
- Forced cameras outside of loops and walls.
- Allowed Titlepacks:
- Competition Titlepack (esl_comp@lt_forever)
- Canyon (TMCanyon@nadeo)
- Valley (TMValley@nadeo)
- RPG (RPG@tmrpg) – only allowed for Stadium RPG editions
- Simple and clean usage of the Mesh Modeler allowed
* Exceptions can be made if the particular part does fit to the mapping style and holds the requirement of the map to be well finishable in the first try.
TTC Sign Pack:
Here you can download the required sign pack for TTC maps. They work in TMNF and TM2. Signs are made by Hotrod.
Installation instructions FOR MAPPERS AND PARTICIPANTS
- Copy the downloaded zip to your ManiaPlanet documents folder, which can be found here: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\ManiaPlanet
- Unzip the archive into that folder, all the signs should just fall into place. (Remember to do it in BOTH folders for both games!)
- When everything went right all signs and all *.loc files should be here: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Skins\Any\Advertisement
Usage instructions for mappers
- Press the paint bucket ingame and you will find all signs
- Example: a Blue-Down arrow when searching in game will be called “tmm_blue_d”, and the TMM-logo will be called “ad11”
Please make sure to use the signs as intended. You can see the description above the signs below:
NO DRIFT LEFT
HARD DRIFT LEFT
DIRECTION NO LEFT
DIRECTION NO DOWN
DIRECTION LEFT DOWN
DIRECTION RIGHT DOWN
DO NOT ENTER
TM Masters Grunge Sign
Team HOT Map Sign
NO DRIFT RIGHT
HARD DRIFT RIGHT
DIRECTION NO RIGHT
DIRECTION NO UP
DIRECTION LEFT UP
DIRECTION RIGHT UP
TM Masters Map Sign
TM Masters TTC Sign