Interested in doing TTC Maps? Please read this completely and thorougly!
Beware, the maps will NOT be published before the cup starts, there will also be NO WARMUP Round! Do NOT send the maps to anyone! AFTER your TTC took place you may upload them to TMX.
Please bear in mind that you can NOT take part in your own TTC edition.
Send one TTC sample map to TM Masters via private message on Facebook.
If we approve it, you can do four more maps.
- 1) A TTC edition consists of 5 maps
- 2) The maps must not have blind jumps/turns
- 3) Use the TTC Map signs – Remember the signs are supposed to help to find the way but should not be neccessary. Your maps should also be finishable without the signs!
- 4) Map length: 35-45 seconds long
- 5) No “ring CPs”, as u can not respawn at them and NEW: respawning must NOT lose more than 8 seconds
- 6) Do not place the CP wrong way, if possible
- 7) After you finished your maps, make sure to open them WITHOUT the TMUnlimiter and drive them all once in singleplayermode and check if EVERY checkpoint is respawnable, without losing more than 10 seconds
- 8) Do NOT use too much scenery, it causes lag and long loading times
- 9) Make sure the map is in the mod “day” -> less lag
- 10) No confusing alterative routes
- 11) Use a normal start, no multilap start
- 12) Do NOT use the mediatracker, beside CAMCHANGES, which are mandatory
- 13) Avoid invisible blocks
- 14) Please start your pack with the easiest maps, i. e. the easiest map should be #1, while the hardest map is #5.
- 15) Use the following style for the mapname (sample): TTC #99 – Dino #1
TTC #99 – Dino #2 etc. If you did maps for a second time, add a ² or ³. Dino²/³
- 16) *NEW* Provide 3 screenshots via Facebook message in high quality which show some parts of the map
- 17) *NEW* Maps in TM2 can be built on the competition titlepack
- 18) *NEW* Make sure to download the latest sign pack “ttc_signpack_2016_10″ and have the signs here:
for TMNF: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\TrackMania\Skins\Any\Advertisement
for TM2: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Skins\Any\Advertisement
TTC Sign Pack:
Here you can download the required sign pack for TTC maps. They work in TMNF and TM2. Signs are made by Hotrod.
Installation instructions FOR MAPPERS AND PARTICIPANTS
- Copy the downloaded zip to your TrackMania documents folder, which can be found here:
in TMNF: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\TrackMania
in TM2: C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\ManiaPlanet
- Unzip the archive into that folder, all the signs should just fall into place. (Remember to do it in BOTH folders for both games!)
- When everything went right all signs and all *.loc files should be here:
Usage instructions for mappers
- Press the paint bucket ingame and you will find all signs
- Example: a Blue-Down arrow when searching in game will be called “tmm_blue_d”, and the TMM-logo will be called “ad11″
Please make sure to use the signs as intended. You can see the description above the signs below:
NO DRIFT LEFT
HARD DRIFT LEFT
DIRECTION NO LEFT
DIRECTION NO DOWN
DIRECTION LEFT DOWN
DIRECTION RIGHT DOWN
DO NOT ENTER
TM Masters Grunge Sign
Team HOT Map Sign
NO DRIFT RIGHT
HARD DRIFT RIGHT
DIRECTION NO RIGHT
DIRECTION NO UP
DIRECTION LEFT UP
DIRECTION RIGHT UP
TM Masters Map Sign
TM Masters TTC Sign